Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What A Night It Was!

The Spanish Hill presentation was last night and it was a huge success! We had eighty-some in attendance and many stayed, chatted, & spent alot of time in the exhibit hall afterwards.

It never ceases to amaze me why people are so drawn to Spanish Hill and all of the questions that it makes them ask about it. (like me!) Last night I tried my best to share what I could and answer those questions, and from the initial feedback, I think the presentation (even though it was longer than usual) was well received and appreciated. In the end, I have to believe that there was not a soul who attended that didn't get an "AHA!" moment at some point given all of the new information that I shared with them last night.

I want to thank the people who attended and came out on a cold dark evening to support SRAC and to learn about Spanish Hill. I have no doubt that any of those who attended last night are now more up-to-date and more qualified to share their knowledge on the topic than many who still rely on old and incorrect information written over several decades ago.

Let's face it....it's OUR HISTORY. And if we do not continue to learn and educate each other - we are not doing our part as stewards of it.

THANK YOU !
Last night made me proud to do my part and to be a part of this great community that truly does care about their history and the preservation of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment