Tuesday, September 22, 2015
The event includes a private membership meeting/luncheon that begins at 11am for the SRAC membership which will include fun prizes, a great meal and a presentation by Director, Deb Twigg on SRAC's past year as well as their future plans. Members are asked to rsvp for the luncheon at 607-565-7960.
The third speaker of the day will be SRAC's cofounder and executive director, Deb Twigg presenting "Carantouan and Spanish Hill" in celebration of the 400 the anniversary of the first white explorer entering our region 5 years before the pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock, in 1615. Twigg's article that was published in the peer reviewed archaeology journal, The Pennsylvania Archaeologist in 2005 places the nation of Carantouan (three villages) in the vacinity of Spanish Hill.
The event closes with the national award winning Seneca "Buffalo Creek Dancers" who will share their traditions and dances for the audience to enjoy. The event is free for the public to enjoy and is SRAC's annual celebration of the region's prehistoric and Native American past. To learn more visit http://www.sracenter.org/drumbeats/ .
Thursday, July 23, 2015
It's just another way we want to say thank you for supporting SRAC!
To learn more about the auction and the whole event - visit : http://www.waverlysattic.com/
Monday, July 6, 2015
I wanted to let all of you know that every week I will be adding more and more items to the SRAC Waverly's Attic online auction. We have had an incredible amount of items coming in so check back often. If you are the lucky winner - SRAC will get all of the income from this auction - so please share this with your friends and family as well!
Visit the online auction underway here!
So far we have these items on the auction block:
- "Mona Lisa" painting by Joe Mullen
- 1 Case Alliger's House of Wings Sauce Assortment
- $25 Gift Certificate Bath and Body Works
- $25 Gift Certificate to Chili's Bar and Grill
- $25 Gift Certificate to iTunes!
- $26 Gift Certificate to Flappers Gentlemen and Ladies Hair Salon
- $50 Gift Certificate to Amazon
- $50 Gift Certificate to Waverly Liquor & Wine Store
- 4 Chances to Win $10 Gift Certificate Dunkin Donuts
- Gift Certicate to Alliger's House of Wings
- Gift Certificate: Williams Toyota - 1 Full Reconditioning (3 chances to win!)
- One "At Your Door" Full Service (any size!) Dog Grooming
- Rynone Kitchen and Bath Vanity Top Retail $210
- "Jack Sparrow" 8 x 10 Photo Autographed by Johnny Depp (w/ cert. of auth)
- Autographed Stan Lee Spider-Man 11 x 14 Animation Artwork
- Caddyshack 11 x 14 Photo Signed by Cast (w/ cert. of auth)
- Star Trek Movie Poster Signed by Original Cast (w/cert of auth)
- Star Wars Movie Poster Signed by Original Cast (w/cert of auth)
- Autographed Eectric Guitar "The Rolling Stones"
- Beatles (McCartney & Starr) Record Album (w/ Cert. of Auth.)
- Muhammad Ali Autographed Boxing Glove (w/ cert. of auth)
- Big Bang Theory (11 x 14 Photo) Signed by Cast
- 2 Golf Passes to The Club at Shepard Hills Golf Course w/ Cart
- Downton Abbey Cast (11 x 14) Photo (w/ cert. of auth)
- 100 CD Juke Box
- "Mansfield" Dual Drill
- "Milwaukee" Heavy Duty Right Angle Reversing 1/2" D-Handle Drill
- Craftsman Garage Door Opener Sysem
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR 121K6) Super Duty Air Hammer Kit
- "Star Wars" Vintage "Wicket and Latara" Ewoks Stuffed Toys (set of 2)
- American Music Awards Tickets for 2, w/ Air and Hotel
- Classic Wrigley Field Rooftop Experience
- Monterey Golf Experience
- NASCAR Driver For a Day NASCAR Racing Experience
- New Orleans Jazz & Dining
Sunday, June 28, 2015
I just wanted to let everyone know that we are working really hard at SRAC to get ready for Waverly's
Attic on Sunday August 2nd. We will be closing the streets down again and we will have vendors and food and refreshments but we have a few new twists!
1.) This year we are having a huge rummage sale as part of the street event. SRAC is teaming up with the Crooked River Co-op members to have a huge spread in the center of the Broad Street area dedicated to this - with SRAC getting 100% of the sale amount that they make on items donated to sell! So if you have items that you want to donate before then please let us know for us to come pick up or you can drop off. Thanks!
2.) This year we have changed the auction a bit!
- the auction will be quite a bit upgraded in the quality of the items donated by local businesses and other supporters and we have included autographed memorabilia such as a boxing glove signed by Muhammad Ali to bucket list trips such as a three day New Orleans Jazz & Dining experience with airfare and hotel included, a NASCAR Driver For a Day NASCAR Racing Experience and even a Golf Trip for two to Pebble Beach! Click here to see some of the items we have already! http://waverlysatticsrac2015.eflea.ca/view NOTE: Every few days or so I will add new items so it will be important that you check back from time to time!
- the auction will also be a "transitional auction" - by that I mean between now and the event on August 2nd, I will be adding items online here:
- two weeks before the event all items that are in the online auction will be available to view in the SRAC lecture hall
- the online auction will end at midnight the night before the event (midnight Saturday August 1) and the highest bids will become the starting bids for the silent auction that will be live in our lecture hall until 2pm during the event.
- the highest bids at the silent auction will again be the starting bids at the LIVE AUCTION run by auctioneer Henry Evans (who is truly a lot of fun to watch even if you don't bid!)
- Remember that your bid may very well be the highest bid at any time, but will stand the chance of getting beat until the live auction at 2pm during Waverly's Attic.
Thursday, June 25, 2015
Waverly's Attic's Auction during our street fair on Sunday August 2nd is going to be amazing this year! We have some incredible items for the public to bid on from local businesses that are still coming in and some we have drummed up in other places! Here are just a few teasers - (the online auction will begin soon and you can see and bid on any of these great items and more! Or visit the event that day and place a bid!)
1.) A case of Alligier's House Wings sauces!
2.) Star Trek Original Cast Autographed Photo!
3.) A vintage jukebox from Kevin Smith's Amusements!
4.) Monterey CA golf trip for two with airfare and hotel included!
And SO MUCH MORE!
Stay tuned! And visit http://www.waverlysattic.com for more info!
Friday, June 12, 2015
Have you ever wished that you could find that one necklace or bracelet that would go with that special sweater or outfit that you like to wear? Have you ever wanted a special necklace that could show off a family heirloom or pendant? Have you ever just wanted to find a necklace made of that special gemstone or color scheme that you like so much? Many jewelers are adding custom jewelry making to their services to fill this need, but SRAC is offering the opportunity for people to create their own beaded jewelry at a fraction of the cost and with high quality gemstones!
On the Second Saturday of each month, Ellen Sisco holds classes at SRAC in basic and intermediate beading. Supplies include beads and all accessories to complete a necklace or bracelet. Hundreds of precious stones, clips, glass beads and polished glass chips are among the variety of items that the attendees will be able to choose from.
You can also call SRAC and request specific colors and/or gemstones that you want to make your jewelry with! Ellen will facilitate your needs and help you make the perfect piece of jewelry for yourself or for a gift for someone else. Fees for this two hour beading class is $25. RSVP's are greatly appreciated by calling the Center at (607)565-7960 or by emailing info@SRAcenter.org