People stop me quite frequently these days and tell me how amazed they are at all we are accomplishing so fast at our new home at 345 Broad Street in Waverly, NY...They say things like, "I am amazed that every time I drive past your building there are people working!" or "I've been reading your blog and I can't believe how much you guys have done in such a short time!" and to be totally honest with all of you - I pretty much respond to each thing that has been said about SRAC's new home and all of the work, money and services that have been donated in the past few months the same way every time...
"I can't believe it either!"
Want to see it for yourself? Stop by this Saturday between 10 am and 2pm at 345 Broad Street, Waverly NY!
As of today, the rest of the tin ceiling has been repaired, primed, and painted! As some of you may recall, just a couple of weeks ago, Tom and the gang replaced the tin on the ceiling by taking some off the ceiling in the back storage area and matching it up:
Here was Mike Sanders right about at the same place shown above at about 11 o'clock this morning:
Here are some more shots as he was painting the ceiling and his wife Jeri pushed him around on the scaffold all day!
- The gift shop /visitor center carpet will be layed in the next week and artista and vendors are coming in to drop off items starting March 8th. There will be paintings, sculptures, jewelry, and even whole sections of books and kids items! Here is our good friend Sue Hakes, who is actually doing some special (pencil drawing) artwork specifically to be sold in our gift shop!
- Electrical wiring needs to be finished in the next week in the new wall and be inspected before the dry wall can be put up on the lecture space and museum side.
- Mike and Jeri Sanders will tape, spackle and paint the new wall and add trim in the lecture and museum space.
- The lecture space and museum floor will be patched and painted as we await the results of yet another grant request for commercial carpet for that area.
- Two coed restrooms will be installed (in the bottom picture above to the right on the wall facing you) in the last 2 weeks before we open our doors.
- We will need volunteers to help us move everything out of the gift shop area to allow us to get ready for the carpet to be laid.
- We need someone to sweep up the gift shop area space and to wash the windows.
- We need people to help us tear down the pink insulation on the back windows and help get the clear plastic put up in it's place.
- We need help patching the front area floors with filler before it can be carpeted.
- We need help patching the back area floors with filler before it can be painted.
- We need people to share our bad jokes, good cheer and enthusiasm with !
Hope to see you there!